Google
 
Web kevsvideotraining.blogspot.com
kevsmcselabs.blogspot.com video.google.com

Monday, February 27, 2006

 

Change the Look of Your Windows XP Start Menu

If you are the type who doesn't care for Start Menu clutter, or just want to learn how to better control your desktop, this video is for you. Here you will learn how to switch between the XP Start Menu, and what is called the "classic" Start Menu. Classic because it is the older start menu from windows 95/98/ME/2000.

I don't cover how to turn the start menu into autohide mode in detail, but it is there if you pay close attention. I used to be a fan of autohide, but then I found I spent more time scrolling my mouse down to make use of the task bar with it on. There are times when it is useful though (Movies, audio visualizations when you don't want to use Fullscreen mode).

I have found with a 17" monitor or better, I can increase the number of most often/recently used programs by at least 5. Give it a try. Is there something I don't cover in the video? Leave a comment and I will see what I can do!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?